Are you a business or engineering major? Do you want to be paid to gain valuable experience in the field? Looking to work for an innovative company right here in Portland? If the answer is yes, read on for how to apply for a paid internship with either of these game changers. Both internships are posted on www.collegecentral.com/up/:
Internship Spotlight #1:
Armanino is looking for computer science or electrical/computer engineering undergraduate or an engineering graduate student.
Armanino is a California-based consulting firm that works with businesses small and large to help them succeed in their endeavors. Providing audit, tax, and consulting services, Armanino prides itself on being an innovative and untraditional company that is dedicated to giving each client personal attention and with help you achieve your goals through their scientific accounting programs. “Your success is our success,” their website shares.
Position: CRM Developer Intern
- Self-starters who are interested in taking ownership of their projects.
- Should have interest in developing their experience as a Software Developer
- Interns who go through this program will have a good understanding of how a real software development team in a fast paced environment works to build a client’s system based off of their personal needs.
- Office is located in SW Portland, perfect for students who come to UP from that area or like to explore other parts of the city. MAX lines also run by the office, making the commute easier for students without cars.
- Must be a computer science or electrical/computer engineering undergraduate or an engineering graduate student
- Minimum 3.20 GPA
- 15+ hours per week
- Will last 12-24 weeks, starting as soon as possible
- $12-$15 an hour based off previous experience
Armanino will be accepting applications through October 29.
Interested and qualified students can send their resume and cover letter explaining their interest in the company to Larry.Bentz@AMLLP. Contact for the job posting is Larry Bentz, 9755 SW Barnes Road, Suite 660, Portland, OR 977225. All questions can be directed to Larry Bentz at Larry.Bentz@AMLLP.
Internship Spotlight #2:
Blount International Inc. is looking for Junior or Senior undergraduate student studying Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
Blount International Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets equipment for various consumers and professionals in the Forestry, Garden, Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture industries. Blount has worked with companies all over the world, including the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Their mission is to “create long-term value for our shareholders through profitable growth and performance-oriented culture of continuous improvement as a leader in our business segments”. Blount is also an environmentally conscious company that works to conserve energy and reduce waste during their manufacturing and distributing processes.
Position: Corporate Finance Intern
- Support programs as a financial analyst and business partner
- Collaborate with finance team using innovative approaches to complete multiple projects
- Experience working on product profitability, market positioning, and manufacturing.
- Junior or Senior undergraduate student studying Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 0 GPA or higher
- Leadership, problem-solving, risk-taking, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Ability to balance strategic thinking and attention to detail
- 13-15 week summer 2015 internship
- $17.50 an hour
Blount will be accepting applications through October 26.
Interested students can send their cover letters and resumes (addressed to Susan Hawksworth) to Amanda Wheaton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact for this job posting is Susan Hawksworth, 4909 SE International Way, Portland, OR 97222. Applications are accepted through UP’s Career Services Office and selected students will be contacted for on-campus interviews with Blount in November.
Please contact Career Services at 503.943.7201 or email@example.com if you have questions about applying!